Looking for a warm breakfast to start your day as the weather gets colder? Try out our delicious mixed berry crumble for a balanced option. This high-fibre breakfast will be sure to keep you satisfied until lunch time.
Baked breakfasts are a super convenient option to feed the whole family in one go. As an alternative, they can also be a great strategy to meal prep your breakfasts for the whole work week.
Mixed Berry Breakfast Crumble
Yield: 4 portions
1 cup large flake oats
3 tbsp whole wheat flour
2 tbsp hemp hearts
1 tsp cinnamon
⅓ cup chopped pecans
3 tbsp maple syrup
2 tbsp melted butter
4 cups frozen mixed berries
2 tbsp whole wheat flour
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F. Prepare a baking dish with a non-stick cooking spray of choice.
2. Mix together all dry topping ingredients. Once mixed, add in the maple syrup and melted butter. Then, set the topping mixture aside.
3. In a mixing bowl, toss the mixed berries and whole wheat flour together.
4. Add the berry mixture into the prepared baking dish. Top with the crumble mixture.
5. Bake in the oven for 45 minutes, until the topping is golden brown.
6. Serve topped with plain greek yogurt. Enjoy!
Add more nutrition to mealtime
Loving the healthy recipes we provide for busy families? Join our mailing list to never miss an update. We share delicious and nutritious recipes, tips to guide you through your pregnancy, and everything you need to know to make your perinatal journey easier.